Friday, October 7, 2016

Want2Scrap Dog Chipboard

Today I want to share with you a couple techniques to create beautiful dog chipboard embellishments for your projects.  I created this adorable dog scene using Want2Scrap's Dog Chipboard Embellishment, a Doghouse Chipboard Shape, and a Fence Chipboard Embellishment.

                            

To create the the Doghouse, using a pencil I traced around the different sections of the Doghouse on the design paper and scissor cut out the sections. I adhered the design paper sections to the chipboard with Dries Clear Adhesive.  To get an even more precise edge I then used a nail file along the edges of the Chipboard Doghouse.  I sponged Old Paper Distress Ink along the edges and inside the opening of the Doghouse to create depth and shading.  I then adhered the striped beige design paper to the back of the Chipboard Doghouse to cover the opening.

                                           
I heat embossed the Chipboard Dog and Chipboard Fence.  Before I started I covered each piece with Gesso.  For the Chipboard Fence I covered it with Clear Emboss It Ink and then added Weathered White Embossing Powder.  I tapped off the excess and heat set it.  To create the Chipboard Dog I covered it in Tree Branch Wendy Vecchi Archival Ink and added the coordinating Tree Branch Embossing Powder.  I tapped of the excess and heat set it.  Embossing chipboard creates a beautifully covered surface.

                                                         
This scene I created is now ready to be added to a scrapbook page!

Have a great day!




Want2Scrap Products:

Dogs Chipboard Embellishment - Pack of 4
Doghouse 4 Pack - Chipboard Shapes
Fences by Nina Brackett - Chipboard Embellishment

Cross Promotional Partners:

Graphic 45 Raining Cats and Dogs Paper Collection
Beacon Zip Dry Glue


Other Products:

Gesso, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Old Paper; Nail File, Inkssentials Emboss It Clear; Ranger Embossing Powder - Weathered White Antiquities; Wendy Vecchi Archival Ink - Tree Branch; Wendy Vecchi Embossing Powder - Tree Branch; Heat Gun





Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comments. Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...