Friday, October 6, 2017

Petunias in a Watering Can

Today I am sharing one of my favorite projects, My Petunias in a Watering Can.  I love petunias and almost every year I buy hot pink petunias and put them in pots on my front porch.  I have already even put them in an old metal maple syrup bucket that belonged to my Grandpa.  So when I saw this little tin watering can at the thrift store I knew it would be perfect to put my Heartfelt Creations Petunias in them.


I even designed it so a sweet little hummingbird paid a visit to the pretty petunias!



Have a great day!
post signature

PETUNIAS IN A WATERING CAN

Heartfelt Creations Products & Products Carried by HC:
Other Products:  Small Metal Watering Can (from thrift store); Dry Floral Foam; Decorative Floral Moss; 18 Ga. Green Floral Wire; Wire Cutters; Hot Glue Gun; Art Glitter Ultrafine Transparent - Plum Loco, Antique White, Lettuce and Tropical Rain

Instructions:  Insert Dry Floral Foam into Watering Can and cover with Decorative Floral Moss.  On White Cardstock with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink stamp the small petunias and leaves from the Small Classic Petunia Stamp Set, stamp the large petunias and leaves from the Large Classic Petunia Stamp Set,  and stamp the hummingbirds from the Regal Hummingbird Stamp Set.  Die cut all with coordinating Dies.  Using HC Stack and Store Daubers color the leaves using Guacamole and then Lime Pastel ColorBox Chalk Inks and the dark petunias with Lilac Posies Memento Ink and add Dark Peony ColorBox Chalk Ink to the centers and for the light pink petunias use Rouge ColorBox Chalk Ink and add Rose Bud Memento Ink to the centers of the petunias. Using HC Stack and Store Daubers  color the hummingbirds with Berrylicious Chalk Ink, New Sprout Memento Ink and Teal Zeal Memento Ink. Shape petunias, leaves and  hummingbird with the Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit.
Take a piece of Green Floral Wire and with wire cutters curl the one end to make a circle and then with hot glue adhere the wire circle to the back of each petunia.  Insert the other end of the wired petunias into the Floral Foam in the watering can, arranging petunias as necessary.  With Dries Clear Adhesive add Ribbit Prills from Bright Ideas Prills set to center of all petunias.  Add Plum Loco Glitter to the dark petunias, Antique White Glitter to the lighter petunias, Lettuce Glitter to leaves and hummingbird body and Tropical Rain Glitter to the hummingbird's tail and wings. Add hummingbird to arrangement with wire adhered to back of hummingbird and then inserted into Floral Foam






Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comments. Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...